I live in a newer subdivision just outside a little town. There is this old cowboy that walks by my home everyday. I know he is an old cowboy due to the hat and boots he wears for all these walks. He is a very friendly man that waves and smiles whenever I see him.
I like to sit and think about this man's story. I think about how he ended up in this subdivision full of tiny townhouse and even tinier yards. I think of how he likely used to own a large ranch, had a several head of cattle, had a working dog, road his horse to town, and had a little wife back home taking care of the kids. Now he has none of these things but the symbols of life long gone, his hat and boots. I wonder where his wife and kids are. How he feels to have left the place that he loved, for this town existence.
Then I think about the smile that he carries on his face on all his walks. I he holds his head high and presents himself as a very happy man. Maybe this is because he has left his ranch in eastern Montana after his wife passed away and now lives here to be near his son and grand kids.
I may never know his true story but I do know I enjoy watching him pass my home daily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment