Wednesday, April 6, 2011

the run

I so don't want to talk bad about my silly new shoes but there is no way around it. I went for a 2 mile run in them. Becuase the shoes are supposed to be like running barefoot you are supposed to start out slow and work your way into greater distances. They say this because we wear shoes daily that utilize different muscles then going barefoot, thus you start to wear the barefoot shoes your body will need to adjust and you can actually hurt yourself if you do to much too soon in them.
I started off on my run it felt like I was wearing slippers it was truly a very interesting experience. After about a quarter mile my stride began to adjust and they felt really comfortable. My legs didn't feel heavy at all like the do when I wear my normal running shoes. I ran my 2 miles and at a little better pace then usual (they claim that running barefoot also helps bring down mile times). When I stopped though that is when the pain hit. I wanted to get the shoes of ASAP but still had about three quarters of a mile to walk home and it was cold out so there was no taking them off. My toes hurt and I had blisters on each heel.
The next day my legs were a bit more sore then usual but that was to be expected. I didn't have any foot pain which was nice. I am wondering if maybe the shoes were a bit small and I need to get a size larger or if these shoes aren't made for my foot type. I will be taking this pair back and getting the next size up and see how that goes.

1 comment:

Adam Jones said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, hopefully the larger size keeps from causing you blisters.