I think I am going to start to divert from the M.S. topics a bit and start to begin to talk about other things in my life.
Last night I began a "living" foods class. The class is all about getting you body and body chemistry back to where it needs to be by eating raw foods. I'm not talking raw meat of anything like that. We learn about how to incorporate raw fruit, veggies, nuts, spouts, and other raw items from the earth into our diets. There are some people that go totally raw never eating anything that is cooked. I however will not be one of those people. I want to learn how to get my energy back, how to have a healthy relationship with food, and I truly want to see how this will impact the way I look, feel, and act (both physically and mentally). I do want to learn information about how food might also help Chef and his symptoms but I am realizing that he is the one that needs to work on that and I am just a bystander in his treatment.
Class meets once a week for two hours. In this two hours she will be giving us all kinds of information about body chemistry and it's association with food. She also takes a holistic approach and talks about our lives and what changes we desire not just with food but with home, work, social all of it. We make ourselves vision statements about how we want to live our lives. We also do a lot of goal writing, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals. I really like this goal writing part for I have always been very goal oriented and have gotten away from making personal goals. I am really exited to get back to ME and making goals for ME.
This last week we learned about green smoothies and juices. These smoothies and juices all have green veggies as there main ingredient. They also have fruits and berries to help offset the liquid salad affect. I have made a different smoothie everyday now since Tuesday. I am really starting to like these concoctions. Today's was different types of lettuce, parsley, pear, strawberry, blueberry, and a little water. So far this has been my favorite. I am also drinking a lot of water and drinking warm lemon water. The lemon water is supported to help support digestion as well as to help balance your body's alkalinity.
So far I would say I am doing really well. I actually think I may have lost a few pounds this week just by adding this minor change. I feel as though I have a bit more energy and my mood has been better more bright and less overwhelmed. I'll try to update every week about what we are learning and the changes that I feel are happening for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think it's great that you are doing something specifically for YOU- that's so important!
I also think sharing with us each week is a great idea! I think this sounds extremely interesting and can't wait to hear more.
Now, are the smoothies acting as a meal substitute like for lunch or breakfast? Or is it a snack? Or an addition to a meal? just curious... and since they're green smoothies, I think you should post a picture. My mental photo may need a real "picture" to offset the visual I have that's like "peas in a blender" or something. Yikes!
And have you read "The Omnivore's Delight"? It sounds like it might be a book that could compliment this class, just from what you said here.
(Sorry for the looong comment!)
And I'm a complete idiot. The book is called "The Omnivore's Dilemma." Sorry about that!
I will try to have pix and more detail about the drinks in the coming week. Chef doesnt know about this blog so I cant due the pix while he is around.
Post a Comment