Sunday, March 7, 2010

We're off

Today we leave on an adventure! At this moment I don't know if this is good or bad. We are heading to Ohio(primary location) and Indiana.
We are going to Ohio to assist Chef's mom, or at least that I what we are supposed to be doing. She has been in a nursing home for over a month now. Issues that need resolving while we are there insurance, assets, social security, all things that should have been taken care of 5 years ago when she was diagnosis with MS. Well maybe not all but at least the insurance. She never pursued getting insurance and has been paying out of pocket for all her care for the last 5 years. She is now scared that she will lose everything to medical debt. Guess who get the privilege of trying to get this figured out so that this hopefully doesn't happen....drum roll please....yep ME! Yes me I get to go on vacation and still work!
To make it even better I've never truly been sure that Chef's mom even likes me. We don't get to interact very often so it is really hard to tell. When I have interacted with her she just hasn't been really welcoming. I try to just shrug this off and think that is all due to Chef being an only child and me taking him away. The fact that I feel as though I am not even close to making the list of people she likes makes going in and doing what needs to be done doubly hard. I have to ask her questions her finances and what she desires for herself. I do this all the time for clients but there isn't the personal connection with them. I could care less if they like me our not. This is my Mother-In-Law though and this freaks me out!!!
On the fun side. Chef has never been to Indiana or across the great plains. We are going to see the sights: Wall Drug, Mt Rushmore, Corn Palace, all that fun stuff!!! We are going make a stop and see my family and some friends. I am really excited about showing Chef where I grew up and all the places I talk about. He is such a city guy and my hometown is likely to freak him out!!! Let the fun begin at 2:00 today!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a fun.. try and enjoy...

Maggie said...

OMG- call me when you get here and we can see if you can squeeze in dinner with me, please!!!!!

D-nice said...

TaDa: thanks for visiting and We will be trying our hardest at have some fun!
Maggie: I've got your Number and I will call.