Sunday, March 27, 2011

nice day = shaved dog

The weather is finally starting to look a little like spring here in Montana. It was actually partly sunny yesterday and almost 50degrees.
Chef had the day off yesterday and I stopped by home to pick something up and he was hanging out in his PJ's. I encouraged him to get out and do something. Huge mistake. He and the dog went for a car ride and then decided to go and explore a junk pile in the middle of a field. He took one step out of the car and his foot sank to the ankle in mud. He then decided that he was committed to making the trek since he was already muddy. He and the dog trekked to the junk pile which ended up just being a pile of rocks. He reported back to me called me when they got back to the car and informed me that he and the dog were both covered in mud. I promptly informed him that I was working late and he would be the one to bathe the dog. Once I got home I was greeted by a clean dog. However one stroke down his back indicated we had a much stickyer problem then a muddy dog. He was COVERED IN COCKLE BURRS. If you aren't familiar with cockle burrs the are little bitty burrs and they cling to EVERYTHING! Chef suggests that the only solution is to shave the dog. I suggest things like mineral oil or baby oil to get them out. However Zephyr hates to be brushed so that wasn't going to work. Thus we had to resort to shaving me poor Australian Shepard mix. The burrs must have been painful because he actually let us shave him.
Poor guys coat is now uneven and he looks goofy. I will be calling a real groomer soon to have them fix our mess.

No comments: