Saturday, November 20, 2010

winter...the old man has arrived


This week we got the first real snow of the season. We had recieved a light dusting a few weeks ago but nothing stuck. Tuesday it STUCK!!!! YUCK!!! I am so NOT ready for this time of year to be here. Where I am in Montana we joke that there is almost always snow on Halloween and it makes costuming kids dificult (this year we were lucky). Snow can then last easily till May and sometimes even June. Heck the first year I lived her we got a HUGE storm the weekend of June 8th. I should have known then to move to someplace civilized where snow doesn't last more then six months out of the year, but I'm stuborn so I stayed.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Daddy-O and I have both been monitoring the weather out your way and I can't say it enough that I'm so glad to to be in that winter anymore.

Stay warm!

D-nice said...

It's supposed to REALLY get cold Sun, Mon, and Tues. We will have our first negative degree weather of the season. I actually tried to figure out how I could get off all next week so I could catch the train to go to civilization for Thanksgiving. Not so much to be with family but to be where it is warmer.