Chef and I were there the night Zephyr was born. Lucy had six puppies, if I remember correctly. She had her last puppy as she was trying to run away from the commotion that we were causing with the already born babies (we had thought that she was done birthing but we were so wrong). The last puppy was born while she was standing and landed hard on the hard word floor. I immediately pick out the puppy that I wanted. Temperament didn't matter I was all about looks and wanting a male.
I would go to the house at least once a week to visit my puppy. About 2 weeks in my friend and her sister were giving me a different dog telling me that that one was mine. He was very cute and very similar to the dog that I had chosen. So I went along with it and that was then my dog. The puppy that I had originally chosen was the last to get a home and I have wondered for the last three years what happened to him. I brought Zephyr home at six weeks I had wanted him to stay with his mom for at least eight but she had been sick and had a pretty bad infection so that had to keep her away from the puppies anyway.
Now three years later I don't have a miniature Aussie. I have a 60 pound beast. He can play Frisbee like a champ. He loves to go on runs and hikes. However he never seems to really tire. He has so much personality. He is demanding and spoiled. He has an amazing memory. He knows all his toys by name and can get the one you tell him to even if it's in another room. The other day we went to his 1st home, where he was born, I told him we were going to see my friend and her son. We however weren't able to leave right away so he CRIED for the next hour while we got ready. He is truly an amazing dog. We do at times think he was the puppy the was birthed onto the hardwood. We love him greatly though and I don't know what I would do without him. Chef even loves him and I continually tease him about the fact that he didn't want me to get a dog!
1 comment:
Oh he is such a cutie!!!!!!
Post a Comment